Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
NEW DELHI, (Reuters) - This year’s Indian Premier League (IPL) will begin in Chennai on April 9 and will be played across six venues, initially without spectators, the Indian cricket board (BCCI) said yesterday.
The article IPL to begin in Chennai on April 9 without spectators appeared first on Stabroek News.
A November 26 letter from the presidency asked the head of Uganda's national drug authority to 'work out a mechanism' to clear the importation of the vaccines.
China has about five COVID-19 vaccine candidates at different levels of trials. It was not clear what vaccine was being imported into Uganda.
One of the frontrunners is the Sinopharm vaccine developed by the Beijing Institute of Biological Product, a unit of Sinopharm’s China National Biotec Group (CNBG).
On Wednesday, the United Arab Emirates said the vaccine has 86% efficacy, citing an interim analysis of late-stage clinical trials.
China has used the drug to vaccinate up to a million people under its emergency use program.
On Tuesday, Morocco said it was ordering up to 10 million doses of the vaccine.
Record cases
Uganda on Monday registered 701 new COVID-19 cases, the highest-ever daily increase, bringing its national count to 23,200.
The new cases were out of the 5,578 samples tested for the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, the country's health ministry said in a statement.
Tuesday's tally was 606, the second-highest ever number of new infections, bringing the cumulative number of confirmed cases in the east African country to 23,860.
Health authorities have blamed ongoing election campaigns which have drawn huge crowds for the rise in infections.
Eastern Libya's strongman General Khalifa Haftar said oil production would restart soon, ending the 8 months blockade of the nation's oild fields, that has caused a 10 billion dollars loss in revenue according to National Petroleum Company (NOC).
\" (We have decided on) the resumption of the production and export of oil with all the necessary conditions that ensure a fair distribution of its financial revenues so that they not be used to support terrorist militias or be exposed to robbery and looting \" said General Commander of the Libyan Arab Armed Forces Khalifa Haftar in a televised address.
Haftar's Libyan National Army and the UN-recognised Government of National Accord of Tripoli have both agreed last month to cease all combat operations and plan elections in the next 18 months.
The two parties plan to discuss a demilitarisation of the city of Sirta, Libya’s gateway to major oil fields and export terminals, to finally put an end to Libya's 10 year long crisis.
Haftar's forces, backed by Russia, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates, control the country's major oil fields and terminals.
However, The Tripoli-based National Oil Corporation remained skeptical, and previous attempts to end the oil blockade have repeatedly broken down.
Despite having the largest oil reserves in Africa, the blockade in place these last few months has exacerbated electricity and fuel shortages in the country.
Two Proteas bowlers are among the five oldest players in the IPL this year.
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico will invoke labor provisions in the new North American trade pact in a bid to ensure that illegal migrants in the United States receive coronavirus…
[SciDev.Net] New Delhi -- Delegates attending the virtual session of the 73rd World Health Assembly (12 November) have endorsed a new road map that sets specific targets to tackle 20 neglected tropical diseases [NTDs] by 2030 through focused interventions.
Turkey's dramatic military intervention into Libya's civil-cum-proxy war on the side of the Tripoli government has changed the narrative from 'Haftar tightening the noose around Tripoli' to his 'entire Western operation being in disarray,' as one analyst puts it.
Megerisi characterises the Libyan conflict as a 'proxy' war, as does Stephanie Turco Williams, Acting Special Representative of the secretary-general and Head of the United Nations Support Mission in Libya.
Turkey's intervention, backed by Syrian mercenaries, tilted the balance of power against Haftar
Haftar was initially stopped outside Tripoli mainly by militias loyal to al-Sarraj and a long stalemate persisted throughout 2019.
Megerisi says Haftar's next move may be to secure control of Libya's oilfields to justify his military adventurism to his domestic and external backers.
He also thinks it's unlikely the AU will succeed in getting a joint AU-UN special Libyan envoy appointed to replace the Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General to Libya, Ghassane Salamé, who resigned in March in despair.