Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
In Cologne, Germany, a vibrant celebration unfolded on Thursday as thousands of partygoers donned elaborate costumes to kick off the carnival season, an event that draws visitors from across the globe.
He replaces Debretsion Gebremichael, whose immunity from prosecution was removed Thursday.
Meanwhile, Amnesty International said Thursday that scores of civilians were killed in a \"massacre\" in the Tigray region, that witnesses blamed on forces backing the local ruling party.
The \"massacre\" is the first reported incident of large-scale civilian fatalities in a week-old conflict between the regional ruling party, the Tigray People's Liberation Front (TPLF), and the government of Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed, winner of last year's Nobel Peace Prize.
\"Amnesty International can today confirm... that scores, and likely hundreds, of people were stabbed or hacked to death in Mai-Kadra (May Cadera) town in the southwest of Ethiopia's Tigray Region on the night of 9 November,\" the rights group said in a report.
Amnesty said it had \"digitally verified gruesome photographs and videos of bodies strewn across the town or being carried away on stretchers.\"
The dead \"had gaping wounds that appear to have been inflicted by sharp weapons such as knives and machetes,\" Amnesty said, citing witness accounts.
Witnesses said the attack was carried out by TPLF-aligned forces after a defeat at the hands of the Ethiopian military, though Amnesty said it \"has not been able to confirm who was responsible for the killings\".
It nonetheless called on TPLF commanders and officials to \"make clear to their forces and their supporters that deliberate attacks on civilians are absolutely prohibited and constitute war crimes\".
Abiy ordered military operations in Tigray on November 4, saying they were prompted by a TPLF attack on federal military camps -- a claim the party denies.
The region has been under a communications blackout ever since, making it difficult to verify competing claims on the ground.
Abiy said Thursday his army had made major gains in western Tigray.
Thousands of Ethiopians have fled across the border into neighboring Sudan, and the UN is sounding the alarm about a humanitarian crisis in Tigray.
NNPA NEWSWIRE — “Getting the flu vaccine is especially important this year. If you get the flu, you may need to be hospitalized, in this time of COVID-19, in an already overwhelmed healthcare system. Get your flu shot. Avoid getting the flu. Stay out of the hospital due to the flu,” said Eduardo Sanchez, M.D., […]
The post In light of pandemic, flu vaccinations more important than ever for people at highest risk appeared first on Milwaukee Community Journal.
MINISTER of Health and Wellness Dr Christopher Tufton is calling on young leaders across the island to get into 'activist mode' against the novel coronavirus.
A MVURWI man (30) has been slapped with a 15-year jail term by a Bindura magistrate for sodomising a 13-year-old boy. By SIMBARASHE SITHOLE Ignatius Chagwedera of Hariana Farm in Mvurwi will, however, spend 12 years in jail after magistrate Amos Mubobo suspended two years on condition of good behaviour. Prosecutor Ngoni Kaseke told the court that sometime this year, the convict broke into the complainant’s bedroom and sodomised him twice on separate occasions. The matter came to light when Chagwedera was spotted by a neighbour coming out of the boy’s room. The neighbour told the boy’s aunt who asked the complainant and he confirmed the sodomy. A police report was filed, leading to the arrest of Chagwedera. The boy was examined and a medical affidavit was produced in court. Follow Simbarashe on Twitter @Simbara08212619
By Greg Garrison | ggarrison@al.com The Birmingham Civil Rights Institute hosted a virtual roundtable of Black mayors on Thursday, moderated by TV Evangelist and best-selling author Bishop T.D. Jakes, and came away with $3,000 in donation pledges. After Jakes led a broad discussion with four Southern mayors of what they hope for from President-elect Joe Biden’s […]
By Demetrius Dillard Special to the AFRO #AFROCoversCOVID Following cornerback Marlon Humphrey’s positive coronavirus test earlier this week, seven other Baltimore Ravens players were placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list on Nov. 3. The list includes outside linebackers Matthew Judon and Tyus Bowser, inside linebackers Patrick Queen, L.J. Fort and Malik Harrison, safety DeShon Elliott and […]
The post Baltimore Ravens COVID Update: Seven players quarantined, team enters intensive protocol appeared first on Afro.
The Black Hair Experience, a pop-up opening in Atlanta on November 20, will include a number of spaces to capture on camera, from a swing made with braids and twists, thousands of bottles of hair products dangling from the ceiling, a life-sized collage that displays the versatility of Black hair and more.
LONDON, United Kingdom (AP) - The number of children sickened by measles in 2019 was the highest in 23 years, according to new data published by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
By ZEN SOO Associated Press HONG KONG (AP) — Pro-democracy legislators in Hong Kong began resigning Thursday to protest the expulsion of four other lawmakers, heightening a conflict with Beijing over the semi-autonomous Chinese territory's future. Pro-democracy activists say China's ruling Communist Party, which has tightened control in Hong Kong in response to demands for more democracy, is destroying the civil liberties and rights that were promised the territory when Britain returned it to China in 1997. The 15 remaining lawmakers in the pro-democracy bloc said Wednesday they will resign en masse after China's central government passed a resolution this […]
The post Hong Kong pro-democracy legislators hand in resignations appeared first on Black News Channel.
Ghanaians poured praise on their former leader Jerry Rawlings who died on Thursday. Many eulogized him as a patriot and a democrat.
President Nana Akufo-Addo ordered flags around the country to fly at half-mast, to mark seven days of national mourning from Friday.
It is with great sadness that I learnt of the passing of former president Jerry Rawlings of Ghana. Africa has lost a stalwart of Pan-Africanism and a charismatic continental statesman. My sincere condolences to his family, the people and the government of #Ghana
— Moussa Faki Mahamat (@AUC_MoussaFaki) November 12, 2020
Announcement of the death of former President Rawlings pic.twitter.com/7ext0fp4sd
— Nana Akufo-Addo (@NAkufoAddo) November 12, 2020
Watch our report:
POLICE are investigating a robbery case in Esigodini, Matabeleland South province, where six robbers walked away with US$87 000 and R38 800 on Monday. BY RICHARD MPONDE “The Zimbabwe Republic Police is investigating an armed robbery case which occurred in Esigodini on November 9, 2020 when a gang of six suspects attacked a family with machetes and a bold cutter,” national police spokesperson Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi said in a statement. “The suspects used a bolt cutter to break burglar bars of a sitting room window and went on to tie the two complainants with an electric cable and shoelace before ransacking the house. “Complainants were robbed US$87 000 and R38 800 cash which was in a safe, four Samsung Galaxy tablet cellphones, Samsung laptop and a 32-gig flash disk.” The police urged people, including miners to be security conscious and avoid keeping such large amounts of cash in their houses. Cases of robberies are on the rise with the robbers including members of the security such as police and soldiers. This week, a Seke businessman was robbed of US$30 000 by robbers which he was keeping in the house. Meanwhile, leader of an Esigodini notorious gang of gold panners and businessman Baron Dube has been jailed to an effective 10 years for shooting a rival to death in a gold rush in the farming area of Matabeleland South province. Dube (44) of Habane Extension Township pleaded not guilty to murder when his trial started last year, but was convicted on Tuesday by Bulawayo High Court judge, Justice Maxwell Takuva. He was sentenced to an effective 10 years after the court noted that he committed the offence in aggravating circumstances. In sentencing him, Takuva noted that Dube acted out of greed as the offence was committed in a gold rush. “In the first place, you had no right to be at that mine which you claimed the owner tasked you to manage. There was a gold rush at the mine and you were driven there by greed because you are a bully,” Takuva said. In his defence, Dube said he accidently shot the now deceased, Prince Antony Bvundura (22) after he fell down in an attack by his gang, leading in his rifle discharging. Dube’s sworn rival with whom he has had several fights over gold claims and also a gang leader Mkhululi Sibanda was the key witness in the matter.
[allAfrica] Cape Town -- As of November 12, the confirmed cases of Covid-19 from 55 African countries have reached 1,918,932. Reported deaths in Africa have reached 46,283 and recoveries 1,620,746 .
By BRIAN MELLEY and AMY TAXIN Associated Press LOS ANGELES (AP) — A month ago, Antonio Gomez III was a healthy 46-year-old struggling like so many others to balance work and parenting during the coronavirus pandemic. This week, he's struggling to breathe after a three-week bout with the virus. Gomez said he let down his guard to see his parents and contracted one of the nearly 1 million confirmed cases of COVID-19 in California. For months, the virus has hammered the economy, disproportionately affected the poor and upended daily life — and now the state and the rest of the […]
The post Unwelcome milestone: California nears million COVID-19 cases appeared first on Black News Channel.