Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
Ten soldiers were injured on Monday in Benin in an "explosion in an ammunition bay" at an officer training school in the south of the country, the army said on Tuesday.
The court enjoys global jurisdiction.
Investigators will now need the authorization of the court’s judges to open a probe. Bensouda appealed for support from Nigeria’s government.
She said the army has dismissed accusations against government troops after examining them.
Boko Haram strictly opposes formal education. In 2015, Nigeria enlisted the support of neighbors Chad, Cameroon and Niger to try and defeat the group.
While the joint operations made the group lose considerable territory, they have not been able to wipe it out.
The ICC has conducted investigations in several African countries. In Sudan, Libya and Ivory Coast, former leaders were indicted for genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity after the investigations.
The first international aid convoy arrived Saturday in the capital of Ethiopia's Tigray region since fighting broke out more than a month ago, triggering a refugee crisis and humanitarian disaster.
The International Committee of the Red Cross said seven trucks brought medicines and medical equipment for 400 wounded as well as relief supplies to Mekele, a city of half a million that had been all-but cut off to foreign aid since the conflict began on November 4.
\"It is the first international aid to arrive in Mekele since fighting erupted in Tigray more than one month ago,\" the Geneva-based ICRC said, describing health care facilities in the city as \"paralysed\".
Patrick Youssef, ICRC regional director for Africa, said the supplies would \"reduce those impossible life-or-death triage decisions\" for doctors and nurses in Mekele who had endured for weeks without running water and electricity, let alone essential medicines.
The convoy arrived as the United Nations expressed growing alarm over the plight of nearly 100,000 Eritrean refugees in Tigray and appealed for urgent access to assist them and 600,000 others dependent on food rations.
Ethiopia had restricted access to Tigray, and a communications blackout has made it difficult to evaluate the humanitarian situation on the ground.
Aid groups have been warning for weeks of a looming hunger crisis as food rations dwindled, and life-saving relief was repeatedly delayed.
- Disturbing reports -
Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed, winner of last year's Nobel Peace Prize, on Friday said his government would be in charge of handling the humanitarian response and access to Tigray, and that Ethiopia had this week dispatched tonnes of food and other relief supplies by trucks to Mekele and other cities in the region.
Addis Ababa has rejected suggestions that outsiders might play a leading role in the relief effort and an agreement last week to allow the UN and aid agencies access to Tigray foundered, deepening international alarm, before another deal was announced on Wednesday.
The UN refugee agency UNHCR said Friday it still has not been able to reach four camps for Eritrean refugees since the announcement of a major military offensive against forces loyal to the Tigray People's Liberation Front (TPLF).
Filippo Grandi, the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, said the UNHCR had received \"an overwhelming number of disturbing reports\" of refugees being killed or kidnapped and forcibly returned to Eritrea, a secretive country bordering Tigray to the north.
\"If confirmed, these actions would constitute a major violation of international law,\" Grandi said.
EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell said Saturday that \"any act of refoulement or forced return should be prevented\" and urged that aid groups be given \"immediate, unhindered and unrestricted\" access to Tigray.
The International Rescue Committee said Friday that one of its staff was killed last month at an Eritrean refugee camp in Tigray. The Danish Refugee Council, which also assists Eritreans, said three of its
Deirdre O'Leary, Staff Writer ST. PETERSBURG - Several city officials gathered on the rainy steps of City Hall on Monday, Dec. 7, to announce a new marketing effort to fight COVID-19 spread. The aim is to make St. Pete and Pinellas County, 'the most COVID safe in Florida.' According to Mayor Rick Kriseman, the city is […]
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has been highlighting lots of really big numbers this week: New highs for the stock market. The 100-plus House members backing a lawsuit challenging…
The Coronavirus is still ravaging the lives of people. Families are losing love ones every day. Our country has fallen, yet there does seem to be help on the way. There have been serious conversations about the development of a vaccine that would curb the spread of COVID-19. Two pharmaceutical companies, Pfizer and Moderna are leading the way in this […]
The post A vaccine approaches as COVID-19 numbers increase first appeared on The Florida Star | The Georgia Star.
South Africans are urged to ring a bell for two minutes to spread some joy on 18:00 this Christmas Eve, 24 December.
This weekend's Air Jordan 11 \"Jubilee\" drop was not as fruitful as the Air Jordan 4 \"Fire Red\" launch, which saw more wins for sneakerheads than losses. SNKRS reverted right back to the bull****. Once the button switched over from coming soon to buy now, those bad boys were sold out immediately... as expected.
Known for roles in “Steel Magnolias,” “Queen Sugar,” and more, Sutton was a fixture on the stage, on film and on television.
… distrust, especially in the African American community.
The pandemic … the medical community and African Americans.
"All of … s distrust in the African American community and in our … has adversely impacted the African American and Hispanic communities.
…
by Kevin Mapasure FORMER Caps United and Warriors leftback Cephas Chimedza has revealed the heartbreak he suffered 15 years ago after missing out on an opportunity to break into the English second-tier league, the Championship. Chimedza shared letters from December 2004 and January 2005 on his Twitter page that show arrangements were being made for him to travel to England for trials with Sheffield United. The trials did not materialise in the end and after his followers on Twitter inquired why he never made it to the United Kingdom he only said the intermediary disappeared, after too many people got involved in the deal. 'The guy who was the intermediary didn't want any other people to get involved, so he just disappeared on the last minute,' he responded after followers, mostly Zimbabwean football fans got curious. Former Warriors midfielder Clemence Matawu, who recently announced retirement after a long and illustrious career, suggested that Chimedza should write a book about his experience as he had many interesting stories to share. Chimedza shared a letter from Sheffield United to the British High Commission in Harare requesting that he be granted a visa to travel for trials. 'We request that the above player be allowed to trial at Sheffield United,' the club wrote on December 29 2004, few weeks after Chimedza had been voted Soccer Star of the Year after leading Caps United to a league title. Then Caps United boss, Twine Phiri, consented to Chimedza trailing at Sheffield United. 'As per the attached letter from Sheffield United requesting the above mentioned player, Caps United hereby authorise him to proceed for trials as requested,' part of the letter read. Chimedza was pencilled to leave on January 5, but the trip never materialised. Instead, he was to move to Belgium that year to join Germinal Beershot and also played for Sint Truidense, before moving to lower leagues. Had the Sheffield United move materialised, he would have become the second Zimbabwean to play at the club after Peter Ndlovu. Follow Kevin on Twitter @KevinMapasure
By NOMAAN MERCHANT, ALANNA DURKIN RICHER and MARK SHERMAN Associated Press WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court has rejected a lawsuit backed by President Donald Trump to overturn Joe Biden's election victory, ending a desperate attempt to get legal issues rejected by state and federal judges before the nation's highest court and subvert the will of voters. Trump bemoaned the decision late Friday, tweeting: 'The Supreme Court really let us down. No Wisdom, No Courage!' The high court's order earlier Friday was a stark repudiation of a legal claim that was widely regarded as dubious, yet embraced by the president, […]
The post Supreme Court rejects Republican attack on Biden victory appeared first on Black News Channel.
BY SHELTON MASINA A MAN from Dekezi area in Filabusi under Chief Sibasa went berserk beheading one of his three wives after he found her having sex with a local herdman. Zama Mafu, allegedly beheaded his wife with an axe on Wednesday after finding her having sexual intercourse with one of the local herdman from the area. According to a close family member who narrated the tragic event on condition of anonymity, Mafu was greatly distressed after finding one of his wives intimate with a herdman. “This did not go well with Mafu because he failed to control his temper and murdered his wife with an axe,” a family source said. “Mafu was practicing polygamy and he built one of his homesteads in Dekezi a place commonly known as Nyoni. I really do not know what prompted him to do such a horrific act in our area. He was always sober-minded and rational,” one of his friends who identified himself as Xolani said. It is alleged that after Mafu beheaded his wife with an axe, he committed suicide by drinking cattle dip. He died upon admission at Filabusi Hospital. “After beheading his wife, he committed suicide by drinking cattle dip and died upon admission at Filabusi Hospital,” a close family member, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said. Efforts to get a comment from Matabeleland South police spokesperson Chief Inspector Philisani Ndebele were fruitless as he was not picking calls.
After a three-day boat trip from Western Sahara, Mohceine Ait Lamadane reached the Canaries and from there travelled to Italy, taking advantage of a system swamped by arrivals and slowed by the coronavirus.
\"I paid 2,000 euros ($2,430) for the crossing,\" 23-year-old Lamdane told AFP in late November after disembarking at Arguineguin port in Gran Canaria where Spain's coastguard drops off migrants picked up at sea.
And barely 10 days later, he was in Italy \"with his two brothers\", confirmed his cousin Moulay Omar Semlali, 40, who lives in Gran Canaria, the archipelago's largest island.
It was Semlali who picked him up from Arguineguin, a small fishing port that has in recent months taken centre stage in the crisis, with its temporary camp -- that was only set up to process migrants and run virus tests -- completely swamped.
At one point, more than 2,100 people were staying there, mostly sleeping rough on the ground in conditions deplored by international rights groups, politicians and legal officials.
Following the criticism, the government dismantled the encampment on November 30, after announcing plans to build emergency encampments to house 7,000 people.
In normal times, when someone enters Spain illegally, the police identify him or her and issue them a deportation order, except in cases where they qualify for international protection as a refugee.
The process must be carried out within the first 72 hours as after that \"detention is illegal,\" explains Daniel Arencibia, a lawyer who works with migrants in Gran Canaria.
They are then sent to a temporary camp where they wait until they are sent back home.
But the three-day deadline hasn't always been respected by the authorities, who have been completely swamped by the arrival of nearly 20,000 people this year, 10 times the number in 2019.
- After 72 hours, free to go -
In November, a local judge spoke out to remind the authorities that migrants can no longer be held \"against their will\" beyond the initial 72 hours.
Nor can those awaiting deportation be sent to temporary detention centres, most of which have either been closed or forced to radically limit their capacity due to the pandemic, which has also put repatriations on hold.
Although the government has dismissed the idea of transferring migrants to mainland Spain -- as demanded by the authorities in the Canary Islands -- officials admit that some managed to make the journey themselves and from there, travel to other parts of Europe.
Ahead of Arguineguin's closure, many people turned up at the port to search for relatives or friends, an AFP journalist said.
Abdel Rostom, a Moroccan national who lives in Gran Canaria, came to look for the relative of a friend who arrived by boat \"in order to send him over to mainland Spain\".
And when around 200 migrants showed up in the southern city of Granada, the Spanish government's rightwing and far-right opponents accused it of chartering a plane to fly them all over.
But the government denied the allegation, saying they were f
L-R, Randy Russell FHSP's president and CEO, Dr. Katurah-Jenkins Hall, FHSP Board of Trustees chair, Arts Conservatory for Teens' Dr. Alex Harris and Clayton Sizemore, founder of Mindful Movement Florida BY J.A. JONES, Staff Writer ST. PETERSBURG - With anxiety still looming over the transfer of power in Washington D.C., the need for communication and […]