Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
By NQOBANI NDLOVU ARTISANAL miners in Bubi district, Matabeleland North province, on Tuesday staged a demonstration to protest against attempts to evict a local miner to pave way for a company allegedly linked to white former commercial farmers. The artisanal miners, who were joined by community members, carried posters calling on the Zimbabwe Anti-Corruption Commission (Zacc) and President Emmerson Mnangawa to investigate officials at the Mines ministry for allegedly allocating the disputed mining claims under unclear circumstances. The disputed mining claims are in Inyathi’s Famona ward 23 area under Village Two. Clement Moyo, a local miner and proprietor of QCB Syndicate which has been operating in the area for years, is embroiled in an ownership dispute with Morven Mine Mining Company, allegedly linked to white former commercial farmers, one T Harris and Clive Hallamore, according to court papers at hand. It is understood that Morven Mine Mining Company is claiming ownership of shares, resulting in the matter spilling to the High Court. On Tuesday, protesting artisanal miners said the mine dispute had cost them income. “War vets help us! Harris and Martin stop bribing Mines (ministry) officials! No to corruption at the Ministry of Mines! Zimbabwe is not Britain! President ED, help us,” some of the placards read. Said Zanu PF ward 23 chairperson Miller Mlillo: “We are not against them on racial grounds, but the issue that is troubling us is that we understand the same people who want the miner evicted have a lot of mining claims in the area. “As such, for us the community, there is nothing racial about us supporting businesspersons of our skin colour who have offered jobs to many unemployed youths in the area.” Moyo refused to comment, saying the matter was before the courts. However, on October 13, Moyo filed an urgent High Court chamber application seeking an interdict directing Morven Mine Mining Company to stop disrupting his mining operations. In his interim order issued on October 23, Bulawayo High Court judge Justice Thompson Mabhikwa directed that mining operations at the disputed site be suspended pending the resolution of the ownership dispute. “It is ordered by consent that all mining activities be suspended on the claims described as Mucklenuck, surveyors Co-ordinates UTM Zone (35) … consisting of 10 gold reef which are registered under number 49194 in Famona, Inyathi,” the interim order reads in part. “Second respondent is directed to ensure that the area … is cordoned off for suspension of mining activities thereon within five days of this order being granted, pending the finalisation of the investigations and determination of the dispute by the second respondent. “The third respondent is directed to oversee and ensure that all plant, machinery and equipment is decommissioned and demobilised by the applicants and first respondent from the disputed area.” Morven Mine Mining Company, Matabeleland North provincial mining director, Zimbabwe Republic Police officer commanding Matabeleland North and the Hi
Many people have been killed since clashes began on Monday. Scores too had been killed in the run up to the vote as protestors marched against Conde's bid for a third term.
[African Arguments] Candidate Cellou Diallo claims his party has 12,744 copies of results slips that show he won and calls on the electoral commission to show theirs.
[DW] William Kentridge is South Africa's best-known artist. But what makes his work so alluring? An exhibition in Hamburg finds out by tracing each stroke of his brush.
Sierra Leone Telegraph: 24 October 2020: Ghana has recorded total investments of US$869.47 million, with total Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) value amounting to US$785.62 million between January to June 2020 as FDI inflow showed rare strength in the final moments of the second quarter of the year, undeterred by the Covid-19 pandemic. The total FDI…
NURSES have objected to the decision by the Health ministry to scrap the flexible working hours system so that they can work for 40 hours a week. BY HARRIET CHIKANDIWA Health secretary Jasper Chimedza on October 19 directed provincial medical directors to resume normal working hours for all nurses, saying the flexi working hours were creating artificial nurse shortages. But Zimbabwe Nurses Association president Enock Dongo, in a letter to Chimedza dated October 21, objected to the order, accusing the permanent secretary of making unilateral decisions. “The decision to implement the flexible working hour system is a product of agreement within the HSBNP [Health Service Bipartite Negotiating Panel]. It was not given unilaterally by the government nor did the employees adopt it on their own accord,” Dongo said. “With this in mind, your decision to unilaterally remove a system which you found in place and, in any event, was reached by agreement, is irregular and certainly not in good faith.” He added that the ministry’s circular ran contrary to the other communication they received on May 11, 2020, where it was put clearly that the flexible hour system would remain in place because it reduced exposure to COVID-19. He said the nurses, therefore, found it unfortunate that he proceeded to remove the flexible hour system when the risk of exposure was still quite high owing to poor supply of personal protective equipment (PPE). “Tied to the above, the flexi-hour system did not only address issues to do with PPE but also addressed issues of incapacity,” Dongo told Chimedza. “When you go to the origins of adopting this system, the reason was that regular working hours were becoming expensive to maintain on the salaries nurses were getting.” lFollow Harriet on Twitter @harrietchikand1
The former president was speaking at a rally in support of Democratic candidate Joe Biden. He took incumbent President Donald Trump to task over his handling of the pandemic, white supremacy and lying. Trump hit back.
[Nation] Gor Mahia legends from Nyanza have said that the building of Jomo Kenyatta International Stadium will play a key role in nurturing talent in the region.
… for 400 years of African American History
NEW YORK CITY, … commemorate 400 years of African American History.
In Equatorial Guinea … founders of the Irish African-American Society of North America. … Mooney became the first African American to row across any …
… the primary,” recounted Coleman, an African American, noting half the Democratic field … ’
If Hegar has struggled with African Americans, she also had to forge …
NBC White House correspondent Kristen Welker is being heavily praised for her professionalism after making her debut as moderator of a presidential debate, the final […]
WASHINGTON, DC, United States (CMC) - Caribbean Community (Caricom) countries were divided on the issue of 'free and fair' elections in Venezuela, with The Bahamas, Haiti, Jamaica, and St Lucia all voting in favour of the resolution tabled at the 50th General Assembly of the Organization of American States (OAS) that ended here on Wednesday.
By NICOLE WINFIELD Associated Press ROME (AP) — The world premiere of a documentary on Pope Francis was supposed to have been a bright spot for a papacy locked down by pandemic and besieged by a corruption scandal, recalling Francis' glory days travelling the world to bless the oppressed. But the red carpet rollout of 'Francesco' has been anything but bright, with evidence that the Vatican censored the pope last year by deleting his endorsement of same-sex civil unions from an interview, only to have the footage resurface in the documentary. Aside from the firestorm the remarks created, the fiasco […]
The post Fiasco over pope's cut civil union quote intensifies impact appeared first on Black News Channel.
NEW YORK — Don Victor Mooney, President of H.R. 1242 Resilience Project and a resident of Flushing, Queens, ended his two week visit at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea last week by delivering a time capsule commemorating 400 years of African American History. Of the many items included, was a picture of Amaud Arbery. […]
Shops lifted their shutters and market traders set out their stalls Saturday, as Nigeria's biggest city Lagos cautiously reopened after a curfew was eased following days of unrest.
PRESIDENT Emmerson Mnangagwa is today scheduled to meet Matabeleland traditional leaders in Bulawayo to, among other things, discuss the emotive Gukurahundi issue, marginalisation and development of the region. This is not the first time that Mnangagwa has met traditional leaders from the region to discuss festering issues in the region, but there is a worrying trend that these indabas are becoming empty talkshows. The President has also met members of the Matabeleland Collective (MC) at the State House in the city not once, but more than twice. In all these engagements, regional leaders have been clear that they will not settle for anything less than a sincere Gukurahundi apology and a truth-telling process led by the chiefs and civic society organisations from the region. They contend that this is key towards finding a lasting solution to Gukurahudi. In all the past engagements, Mnangagwa has skirted over the apology part and rushed to facilitate exhumations and reburials of Gukurahundi victims and issuance of identity documents to the survivors. This has left many affected citizens sceptical over his sincerity in dealing with the issue. They still believe that Mnangagwa, as one of the perpetrators, must not dictate the direction to be taken, but allow them to lead the healing process. In short, he should talk less and listen more. That's true statesmanship. The message has been very clear that the President cannot put the cart before the horse. From Mangwe to Tsholotsho, Bulawayo and Nkayi — demands of an acknowledgment, apology and a truth-telling process before reburials are uniform. Why does he now want to fast-track an issue that is as old as the country’s independence? We wonder why Mnangagwa is not doing the right thing. Mnangagwa should listen to the people who were affected in order to make his meetings meaningful. If the meetings fail to achieve anything, the people of Matabeleland will lose confidence in him and those meetings will be a wasted opportunity to resolve the crisis. Mnangagwa should simply own up to the atrocities, apologise and seek the consent of the victims on how they would want the crisis to be resolved. This is a key ingredient of transitional justice.
Despite celebrating her birthday less than two weeks ago, Ashanti, who dubbed October 'Shantober' — a combination of her name and the month’s name — […]
[Nation] Only 18,443 isolation beds are available for use by coronavirus patients against the national target of 30,500 units.
LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — Nigeria’s top police official on Saturday ordered the immediate mobilization of all officers to “reclaim the... View Article
The post Nigeria’s police order massive mobilization to 'dominate the public space' after unrest over SARS appeared first on TheGrio.
Determined to figure out which McDonald's locations had a broken ice cream machine, Rashiq Zahid put his technical skills and love of the McSundae to use.
All things that are ordain'd festival,Turn from their office to black funeral;Our instruments to melancholy bells,Our wedding cheer to a sad burial feast;Our solemn hymns to sullen dirges change;Our bridal flowers serve for a buried corse;And all things change them to the contrary.- Shakespeare�
COVID-19 has not only claimed more than a million lives around the world, but it is waging a mental and physical war on humanity, creating new and long-term, life-threatening health issues in previously healthy individuals who contract the dreaded...
It could possibly be the long-awaited turning level on the earth of enterprise capital and past. Yale, whose $32 billion endowment has been led since 1985 by the legendary investor…