Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
Gen. CQ Brown, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, arrived in Botswana Monday as the U.S. faces a critical inflexion point in Africa.
The court enjoys global jurisdiction.
Investigators will now need the authorization of the court’s judges to open a probe. Bensouda appealed for support from Nigeria’s government.
She said the army has dismissed accusations against government troops after examining them.
Boko Haram strictly opposes formal education. In 2015, Nigeria enlisted the support of neighbors Chad, Cameroon and Niger to try and defeat the group.
While the joint operations made the group lose considerable territory, they have not been able to wipe it out.
The ICC has conducted investigations in several African countries. In Sudan, Libya and Ivory Coast, former leaders were indicted for genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity after the investigations.
… COVID-19 vaccine among the African American community rises, US top … been worked on by an African American woman.
"The very … taking was developed by an African American woman. And that is … that 54 per cent of African American adults said that they …
If you were looking forward to tonight's Verzuz battle between Ashanti and Keyshia Cole, you may have to wait a little while longer. The musical battle will likely be postponed due to Ashanti testing positive for COVID.
Tommy “Tiny” Lister, the towering actor best known for playing fearsome neighborhood bully Deebo in the \"Friday\" film franchise, has died. He was 62.
Change the Whirled: Colin Kaepernick Gets His Own Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Flavor
The Central African Republic's top court on Thursday rejected ex-president Francois Bozize's candidacy in forthcoming elections, boosting Faustin-Archange Touadera's bid for a second term at the helm of the deeply troubled nation.
The ruling was handed down by the Constitutional Court, which barred Bozize on the grounds that he was being sought for alleged murder and torture and was under UN sanctions.
It also rejected four other bids for the December 27 vote, leaving a field of 17 candidates now dominated by Touadera.
A former five-star general, Bozize, 74, has played a major part in CAR's decades-long troubles, and some have feared he could try to stage a violent comeback.
He seized power in 2003 before being overthrown a decade later by the Seleka, a rebel coalition drawn largely from the Muslim minority.
The 2013 coup sparked brutal violence between the Seleka and so-called \"anti-Balaka\" self-defence forces, mainly Christian and animist.
France intervened militarily in its former colony to push out the Seleka, winding down the operation after Touadera was elected in 2016 following a transition.
After spending years in exile, Bozize slipped back into the CAR in late 2019 and filed his candidacy in July.
- Court ruling -
But the Constitutional Court on Thursday said it would not accept his bid, \"given that the candidate is the target of an international arrest warrant\" filed by the CAR in 2014 \"for murder, arbitrary arrest, sequestration, arbitrary detention and torture.\"
It also noted UN measures against Bozize, which meant that he failed to meet \"criteria of sound morality in the electoral code.\"
The United Nations placed Bozize on its sanctions list in 2014, freezing any assets he held abroad and banning him from travel, on the grounds that while in exile he had been supporting militia groups guilty of \"war crimes and crimes against humanity.\"
Bozize would not issue an immediate reaction to the court's ruling, said his campaign manager Christian Guenebem, who insisted the arrest warrant and the UN sanctions \"do not constitute convictions and he continues to have presumption of innocence.\"
Aid workers said the former president was near Kaga Bandoro in the centre of the country when the court's decision was announced.
He was on the territory of a militia chief who was one of his supporters, they said.
Bozize retains a large following in the CAR, especially among the Gbaya ethnic group, the country's largest, and has many supporters in the army.
Many people in the country, as well as humanitarian experts and diplomats, have feared that he may try to force his way back into power although others discount this.
\"It would be a pretty bad idea to try something before the elections, as he would get the entire international community on his back,\" said Thierry Vircoulon, central African director at the French Institute of International Relations (IFRI) think tank.
- Touadera clear favourite -
Touadera, 63, has been widely criticised for failing to root out corruption, but the barring
South Africans are urged to ring a bell for two minutes to spread some joy on 18:00 this Christmas Eve, 24 December.
Deirdre O'Leary, Staff Writer ST. PETERSBURG - Several city officials gathered on the rainy steps of City Hall on Monday, Dec. 7, to announce a new marketing effort to fight COVID-19 spread. The aim is to make St. Pete and Pinellas County, 'the most COVID safe in Florida.' According to Mayor Rick Kriseman, the city is […]
Special to The Dallas Examiner During today’s Dallas ISD board briefing, trustees considered a proposal to waive the use of the fall Assessment of Course Performance as a weighted portion of the semester [...]
The post Waiver of Fall ACP testing proposed, pending board approval appeared first on Dallas Examiner.
BY HENRY MHARA WARRIORS coach Zdravko Logarušic is expected to make changes to his Africa Nations Championships (Chan) squad with some players who are in camp set to be dropped. He initially called 34 players in camp to prepare for the tournament, but was forced to drop six FC Platinum players whose club is engaged in the Caf Champions League. The squad has been training since last week, including playing friendly matches against some local Premier Soccer League teams. On Thursday, the Warriors played against Ngezi Platinum Stars before facing off with Caps United yesterday. Former Warriors captain Denver Mukamba, now with Ngezi Platinum, did enough in the match to convince Logarušic that he deserves to be in the squad. The former Dynamos and Caps United midfielder has already been drafted into the squad. The performance and subsequent inclusion of Mukamba has convinced Logarušic that he could have missed some players who deserve to play in the national team. Speaking to NewsDay Weekender yesterday, Logarušic said: “I’m using the friendly matches against the local clubs to see if there are other players that can fit in the Chan team. The current players in the squad were chosen by my assistants because I didn’t know them. I’m playing these games to see if there are some players we missed during the initial list. “I know just 10 players who I worked with in February in training and that means the remainder I never watched them during matches. That is the reason I have requested for the friendly matches. And it has been beneficial because yesterday (Thursday) I saw Mukamba and I have already asked him to join us. We also played Caps United and I have seen some very interesting players and I am still thinking about them.” Logarusic said his team will play two more friendly matches this weekend. They play Yadah today. “We will check in those matches to see if we can pick some more players.” The Croat is expected to announce the training squad after the Sunday friendly match before the players break for the festive season. The team will regroup after New Year to fine-tune their preparations, from where the final 23 travelling players will be chosen. Chan kicks off will on January 16 with Zimbabwe playing hosts Cameroon before facing Burkina Faso and Mali in other Group A matches. “The target is to represent Zimbabwe properly and try to pass the group stage. We will go game by game. The federation has invested money in us to go and represent the country so we have to go and do the best that we can. This is not the situation that we expected but we cannot cry about it. We are Warriors, we can’t just surrender like that,” Loga said. Warriors Chan squad Goalkeepers: Ariel Sibanda (Highlanders), Simbarashe Chinani (Dynamos), Nelson Chadya (Ngezi) Defenders: Xolani Ndlovu (Chicken Inn), Peter Muduwa (Highlanders), Partson Jaure (Dynamos), Valentine Musarurwa (Harare City), Ian Nekati (Chicken Inn), Qadr Amini (Ngezi), Frank Makarati (Ngezi), Pawell Govere (Golden Eagles), Andrew Mbeba (Highlanders) Midfielders: Denver Mukamba (
Daytona resident, health official and business owners are urging local Blacks to take the virus seriously. Editor’s note: This is one in a series of stories about COVID-19 and its impact on residents in Volusia County, especially those living in Daytona Beach’s historically Black neighborhoods. BY ANDREAS BUTLER DAYTONA TIMES As of the Daytona Times’ […]
The post COVID IN THE COMMUNITY appeared first on Daytona Times.
The J Wray & Nephew (JWN) Foundation will bring Christmas cheer to over 1,000 families in Kingston and Clarendon by providing food packages and supermarket vouchers. This comes as the Foundation recognises the challenges faced by families with children at home doing online learning.
ZANU PF should be blamed for the Budiriro house demolitions. The land barons who sold those stands to home-seekers are known ruling party activists. It is impossible for anyone to claim ownership of land unless they are connected to people in high offices. There are many legalities involved. The COVID-19 movement restriction law imposed in March, 2020 is a legality. The January court judgment which deemed the Budiriro houses illegal is not the only legality, otherwise how were these people supposed to vacate their settlements under lockdown? Right now, hundreds of houses have been demolished, but travel/movement restrictions are still in place. Zupco is still the only public transport available. And the rainy season. The move is grossly inhumane. The city council itself cannot claim higher moral ground on the issue of these urban illegal settlements. The council has the habit of leaving land barons developing illegal land, then impose the corrective measure of Operation Murambatsvina on residents years later. When did the city council discover these settlements? They were developed right under their nose. Even the notorious land barons are a product of council graft. These moves always stink of political agendas. But we have a national health emergency! Let us not be funny. Mambara